Market Hall is now home to the Confederate Museum.
It was built in 1841. It is a copy of the Temple of the Wingless Victory in Athens, Greece. Its original purpose was to be the front entrance to the six blocks of roofed market space that attached to Market Hall. This was a farmer's market where fruits, meats, vegetables, and fish were sold - no slaves