ARIZONA, & SEDONA
photographed images in the Southwest.
the Chapel of the Holy Cross was commissioned by Marguerite Brunswig Staude, a Sonoma rancher and sculptor. The late Sen. Barry Goldwater was instrumental in obtaining a special-use permit to build the chapel on Coconino National Forest land, and it was completed in 1956. The Chapel is also the site of one of the Sedona vortexes. The chapel is built from a 1,000 foot rock wall, rising 250 feet high as if to appear suspended in air.